It’s hard to believe that Spirit of St. Bart’s is now offering its 8th volume. I've had a wonderful time reading all your submissions and hope you will keep them coming for Volume 9 and beyond. I would like to particularly draw your attention to a debut in this issue: Contributor Pamela Lewis has interviewed the Reverend Lynn Sanders for you. Lynn has thoughtful insights into the daily life of a priest in your church.
Don't miss it.
Brigitte Weeks, Editor
Here are some things to note about Spirit of St. Barts:
- We are a “no footnotes” kind of quarterly (not an academic journal.)
- We welcome all kinds of spirit—you don’t have to be a church member, or for that matter, a Christian.
- We appreciate fine writing and serious writers of prose and poetry. (A special appeal to short story writers--Where are you hiding?)
- If your entry is fresh, heart-felt and original it may get in, or the competition might be tough that issue and it might not.
I’ll do my best to let you know. We want to hear your voice, so—please—speak out!
Who am I? Here are a few things about me.
Writers, of fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, are invited to submit a work with a spiritual theme of no more than 2,000 words (unpublished):
- Please submit entries in Microsoft Word format if at all possible
- Submissions should be unpublished.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- The editor may ask for revisions. Only ten submissions will be showcased -- You could be one of the ten!
- You need not be a member of St. Bart's to submit.
- Chosen content will be shared on the website here at St. Bart's with author's byline.
Please to Brigitte Weeks, Editor