Calling All Writers
It's hard to believe that Spirit has reached Volume 5. I am very proud of our contributors this issue: some SoSB veterans and some new voices. Chris Herlinger reminds us of the anniversary of the assassination of JFK and Pamela Lewis gives us insight into how it feels to be part of the worship at our church. And we have some short stories. Don't miss them.
The submissions deadline for Volume 6 is January 15, 2014.
Send us new adventures and be sure to tell your writer friends that Spirit of St. Barts is a varied showcase for writers from beginners to veterans, See below for how to share with us.
Here are some things to note about Spirit of St. Barts:
- We are a “no footnotes” kind of quarterly (not an academic journal.)
- We welcome all kinds of spirit—you don’t have to be a church member, or for that matter, a Christian.
- We appreciate fine writing and serious writers of prose and poetry. (A special appeal to short story writers--Where are you hiding?)
- If your entry is fresh, heart-felt and original it may get in, or the competition might be tough that issue and it might not.
I’ll do my best to let you know. We want to hear your voice, so—please—speak out!
Thank you for submitting your writing. It takes courage. Note that we have an open call for submissions for Volume 6. (see criteria at right)
Who am I? Here are a few things about me.
Writers, of fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, are invited to submit a work with a spiritual theme of no more than 2,000 words (unpublished):
- Deadline for Volume 6 is January 15, 2014.
- Please submit entries in Microsoft Word format if at all possible
- Submissions should be unpublished.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- The editor may ask for revisions. Only ten submissions will be showcased -- You could be one of the ten!
- You need not be a member of St. Bart's to submit.
- Chosen content will be shared on the website here at St. Bart's with author's byline.
Please to Brigitte Weeks, Editor