Dear Creative People:
We have wonderful poems, essays and art; and we're looking for great short stories for volume 4. Join us as either readers or writers or both.
Here are some things to note about Spirit of St. Barts:
- We are a “no footnotes” kind of quarterly (not an academic journal.)
- We welcome all kinds of spirit—you don’t have to be a church member, or for that matter, a Christian.
- We appreciate fine writing and serious writers of prose and poetry. (A special appeal to short story writers--Where are you hiding?)
- If your entry is fresh, heart-felt and original it may get in, or the competition might be tough that issue and it might not.
I’ll do my best to let you know. We want to hear your voice, so—please—speak out!
Thank you for submitting your writing. It takes courage. Note that we have an open call for submissions for Volume 4. (see criteria at right)
Who am I? Here are a few things about me.
Writers, of fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose, are invited to submit a work with a spiritual theme of no more than 2,000 words (unpublished):
- Deadline is June 15.
- Please submit entries in Microsoft Word format if at all possible
- Submissions should be unpublished.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- The editor may ask for revisions. Only ten submissions will be showcased -- You could be one of the ten!
- You need not be a member of St. Bart's to submit.
- Chosen content will be shared on the website here at St. Bart's with author's byline.
Please to Brigitte Weeks, Editor